1.What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are false eyelashes used to enhance the length, curliness, fullness, and thickness of natural eyelashes. The extensions may be made from several materials including mink, synthetic, or even horse hair.
But at Verve Beauty Salon we use only vegan eyelash extensions because we are against any kind of animal abuse.
The purpose of our eyelashes are to protect our eyes from foreign substances or objects. These lovely hairs accentuate our features and help emphasize our expressions!
Each of our individual lash hairs are all in different stages of growth; catagen, antogen and telogen stages. If all of our lash hairs maintained the same growth stage we would have periods of bare eyelids through to blooming flowery eyes.
Applying eyelash extensions is best around the catagen stage – that two week period where the lash hairs have stopped growing.
2. Is it bad to get eyelash extensions?
One of the recurring myths that we hear is that eyelash extensions can ruin your eyelashes. They do not.
Provided that the lashes are applied correctly with the proper glue, and the aftercare instructions are followed, your natural lashes will be preserved through all 3 stages and you’ll have gorgeous fans for weeks to come!
3. Can you go swimming with eyelash extensions?
You can definitely go swimming with eyelash extensions but it is recommended to not get them wet within the first 24 hours. This is the most critical stage where if the glue is too humid the lashes will detach or fall. After the initial 24 hours has passed you may head to the beach.
4. What can you do to increase the retention and longevity of your lashes?
- Apply lash conditioner as instructed.
- – Don’t pull on your lashes.
- – Be careful not to sleep on your face.
- Don’t get them wet or expose to intense heat within the first 24 hours of service.
- Do have them refilled regularly at 2 or 3 week intervals.